Inspiration from George Burns
Estimated Lesson Time: 1 minutes
George Burns (1896-1996) was one of the greatest comedians/entertainers of several generations.
Success is having high self-esteem. “I can’t afford to die; I’d lose too much money.”
Success is loving what you do. “Fall in love with what you do for a living. I don’t care what it is. It works.” George also said, “Retire? I’m gonna stay in show business until I’m the only one left.”
Success is sharing your wealth. In 1985, George Burns made a generous gift to establish the George Burns Intensive Care Unit at the Motion Picture & Television Hospital.
Success is motivation. “Don’t stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed.”
Success is knowing what happiness means to you. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring close-knit family... in another city.”
Success is appreciation. “Nice to be here? At my age it’s nice to be anywhere.”
Success is making keen observations. “Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving taxicabs and cutting hair.”
Success is making a contribution to society. In remembrance of George Burns, President Bill Clinton summed it up best saying, “He enabled us to see humor in the toughest of times and laugh together as a nation. We will miss him greatly.”
[Sources: http://www.workinghumor.com, http://www.biography.com, http://entertainment.msn.com]
Take Your Year To Success To the Next Level
If you like what you are reading, please consider these options in addition to this free course. They include a hardcopy of the book and an intensive course with action steps, assignments, and personal coaching from Bo.
- Buy the Book. Year To Success - Available in hardcover, signed by the author. Also available in ebook, paperback, and audio from Amazon.com.
- Enroll is the Enhanced Version of this Course - 366 Days To Greater Personal, Professional, and Financial Success. These lessons but with videos, narrated slides, assignments, and quiz questions. For the instructor-evaluated version, Bo is there for you each day!
- Enroll in Bo's Life Mastery Online Course. This is a course that covers hundreds of life-enhancing topics that they never taught in school, but should. This is more than a course on self-improvement; it is a course on mastering life.
- Business Consulting / Life Coaching. Contact Bo any time by e-mail, Skype, or phone to discuss your business ideas or personal success goals.
Have a podcast or know someone who does? Putting on a conference? Dr. Bennett is available for interviews and public speaking events. Contact him directly here.
Some discussion questions (some may not apply to this lesson):
- Have you implemented this idea in your life? How has it been working for you?
- Do you have any interesting stories related to this lesson? Do tell!
- What do you admire most about this person? (success biography days)