Today is a New Day
Estimated Lesson Time: 2 minutes
I like the saying, “Today is the first day of the rest of your life,” and not just because of its irony, but also because of how true it is. Behind that somewhat comedic statement is a meaning so important to your success; you should memorize it and repeat it to yourself on a regular basis. Understanding the meaning of this statement is what helps turn losers into winners and failures into successes.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Your life is different today than it was yesterday. You are a different person today than you were yesterday. You are a better person today. The mistakes you have made in the past do not have to haunt you in the present or the future. Just because you failed yesterday, does not mean, in any way, that you will fail today. Today is a new day.
I know so many people who have given up trying to better themselves because they have read motivational books before, listened to “all” the audiobooks, been to the seminars, and they “didn’t work” or they were not inspired by the content. They have made up their minds that it is pointless to pursue personal achievement. This decision is justified by their claim to have “learned from experience,” which can be, in many circumstances, a very valid reason. However, when “learning from experience” is used as an excuse to give up on doing something great for yourself or others, it is no longer valid.
People who come from dysfunctional families are not destined for a dysfunctional life. People who have a criminal history can and do move on to legitimate and productive careers. If you were born and raised in a low-income neighborhood, it certainly does not mean that you must spend the rest of your life there. Your past does not have to equal your future. Change in this world is inevitable; make it work to your advantage.
Yesterday’s failure brings you one step closer to today’s success. The loser of yesterday’s race will, with persistence and determination, become the winner of today’s race. Your failures in life bring you closer to success. Never give up because of your past. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. How are you going to choose to live it?
Take Your Year To Success To the Next Level
If you like what you are reading, please consider these options in addition to this free course. They include a hardcopy of the book and an intensive course with action steps, assignments, and personal coaching from Bo.
- Buy the Book. Year To Success - Available in hardcover, signed by the author. Also available in ebook, paperback, and audio from Amazon.com.
- Enroll is the Enhanced Version of this Course - 366 Days To Greater Personal, Professional, and Financial Success. These lessons but with videos, narrated slides, assignments, and quiz questions. For the instructor-evaluated version, Bo is there for you each day!
- Enroll in Bo's Life Mastery Online Course. This is a course that covers hundreds of life-enhancing topics that they never taught in school, but should. This is more than a course on self-improvement; it is a course on mastering life.
- Business Consulting / Life Coaching. Contact Bo any time by e-mail, Skype, or phone to discuss your business ideas or personal success goals.
Have a podcast or know someone who does? Putting on a conference? Dr. Bennett is available for interviews and public speaking events. Contact him directly here.
Some discussion questions (some may not apply to this lesson):
- Have you implemented this idea in your life? How has it been working for you?
- Do you have any interesting stories related to this lesson? Do tell!
- What do you admire most about this person? (success biography days)