Your Dream Collage
Estimated Lesson Time: 2 minutes
The majority of us are visual people; that is, we rely on our sense of sight more than any other sense for learning. Visualization is the act of vividly imagining something as if it were happening and believing your visualization as if it were true. Although this level of visualization takes practice and time, the “dream collage” can help get you there much quicker.
The dream collage is your own personal collection of photographs, magazine clippings or other images that visually define your idea of success. It is made up of images that really move you and ignite the desire within you. Building your dream collage is a great way for you to find out what you really want. A dream collage is pictures of your goals. It is both motivational and inspirational, but more important, it is personal. It is personal in the sense that the images must inspire you, otherwise they are just images. For example, a photograph of a black Porsche may be nice, but if your dream car is a red Ferrari, then get a photo of a red Ferrari.
Here are some ideas of images you can add to your dream collage.
- an attractive person
- a person of the same sex with the ideal body you’d like to have—underwear ads are great for this
- a person dressed like you would like to dress
- a person with hair you admire
- your dream house
- your dream kitchen, family room, or any room in the house
- family, kids
- vacation images (exotic destinations, images of “paradise,” etc.)
Your dream collage can be a large poster board on your wall with images glued to it or just a folder hidden in your desk with the images in the pocket. If it is not in a place where you can see it, be sure to take it out often. I personally use a glue stick and glue the images to a page in my success notebook and keep my favorite photos on my desk. Use whatever method works best for you.
Your dream collage is like your future photo album. This is an extremely powerful way to train your mind in visualization and belief, as well as to get the things you want out of life. Review your dream collage often and fill yourself with instant motivation.
Take Your Year To Success To the Next Level
If you like what you are reading, please consider these options in addition to this free course. They include a hardcopy of the book and an intensive course with action steps, assignments, and personal coaching from Bo.
- Buy the Book. Year To Success - Available in hardcover, signed by the author. Also available in ebook, paperback, and audio from Amazon.com.
- Enroll is the Enhanced Version of this Course - 366 Days To Greater Personal, Professional, and Financial Success. These lessons but with videos, narrated slides, assignments, and quiz questions. For the instructor-evaluated version, Bo is there for you each day!
- Enroll in Bo's Life Mastery Online Course. This is a course that covers hundreds of life-enhancing topics that they never taught in school, but should. This is more than a course on self-improvement; it is a course on mastering life.
- Business Consulting / Life Coaching. Contact Bo any time by e-mail, Skype, or phone to discuss your business ideas or personal success goals.
Have a podcast or know someone who does? Putting on a conference? Dr. Bennett is available for interviews and public speaking events. Contact him directly here.
Some discussion questions (some may not apply to this lesson):
- Have you implemented this idea in your life? How has it been working for you?
- Do you have any interesting stories related to this lesson? Do tell!
- What do you admire most about this person? (success biography days)