Knowledge Is Only Potential Power
Estimated Lesson Time: 2 minutes
Welcome to day 135. You are over four months into this course and have no doubt been exposed to some valuable information on the achievement of success. Through the use of education, inspiration, and action, it is my goal to see to it that you turn this information into knowledge. However, knowledge itself won’t get you much more than a new microwave on a game show perhaps. Knowledge is only potential power. It is knowledge, followed by action and persistence that is true power. It is up to you, and no one else, to use the knowledge you have to produce lasting results.
Think about all of the facts, dates, names, formulas, games, and more you learned going through school. How much of it do you actually remember? If you are like the rest of us, you remember very little. What you do remember is mostly the “important” information such as how to read, write, do basic math, communicate and get along with others. In all the years of schooling that followed your first few years, you built upon this knowledge by putting it to use on regular basis, making it second nature. In fact, any knowledge followed by action and persistence, is stored in your subconscious mind, allowing you to use that information without consciously thinking about it. As an example, when you ride a bike, you do not think about turning, pedaling, balancing, or braking, this is all automatic; it is knowledge that you have previously followed with action and persistence and committed to your subconscious memory. Once it is there, you shouldn't have to “re-learn” the information again.
Use the information in this course. Put it to use in your daily life. The first few times you use a new piece of knowledge, you will need to put some effort and conscious thought into the process. However, you will soon find that conscious thought is no longer necessary. Just as the law of atrophy applies to the physical body, it applies to the mind and the information within it as well. Keep using it, and you won’t lose it.
Take Your Year To Success To the Next Level
If you like what you are reading, please consider these options in addition to this free course. They include a hardcopy of the book and an intensive course with action steps, assignments, and personal coaching from Bo.
- Buy the Book. Year To Success - Available in hardcover, signed by the author. Also available in ebook, paperback, and audio from Amazon.com.
- Enroll is the Enhanced Version of this Course - 366 Days To Greater Personal, Professional, and Financial Success. These lessons but with videos, narrated slides, assignments, and quiz questions. For the instructor-evaluated version, Bo is there for you each day!
- Enroll in Bo's Life Mastery Online Course. This is a course that covers hundreds of life-enhancing topics that they never taught in school, but should. This is more than a course on self-improvement; it is a course on mastering life.
- Business Consulting / Life Coaching. Schedule your complimentary 15-minute evaluation coaching session with Bo.
Have a podcast or know someone who does? Putting on a conference? Dr. Bennett is available for interviews and public speaking events. Contact him directly here.
Some discussion questions (some may not apply to this lesson):
- Have you implemented this idea in your life? How has it been working for you?
- Do you have any interesting stories related to this lesson? Do tell!
- What do you admire most about this person? (success biography days)