Getting Better Every Day
Estimated Lesson Time: 3 minutes
How can you NOT remain positive and optimistic knowing that in some way, every day, the quality of your life is getting better and better? This is not a hard task, even for those who consider themselves “over the hill.” We are all endowed with the ability to make positive changes in our lives every day and literally become better people if we choose to.
Some people let time get the better of them. As time passes, they lose their health and vitality and give up on their dreams while slipping into an ongoing state of depression. Others embrace the power of personal growth and personal achievement and begin to replace youth with wisdom, innocence with understanding, and lack of purpose with self-actualization. Although it may not always seem like it, time is on our side.
Here are some suggestions on how you can make small, daily changes in your life and become a better person tomorrow than you are today, and continue this pattern for the rest of your life.
Health and Fitness
- Begin an exercise/fitness program. Know that with each workout you are strengthening your muscles, including the most important muscle—your heart.
- Over time, start giving up unhealthy foods in your diet and replacing them with more healthy alternatives.
- Cut down and eventually give up the consumption of drugs used to change your physical state. Your body will heal itself over time but only if you give it a chance to.
- Do some research into wellness programs. Keep an open mind and explore the possible health benefits of chiropractic care, yoga, massage therapy, and meditation. In most cases, you have very little to lose and much to gain.
Mind and Spirit
- Learn something new every day. There are no known limits to the amount of information the human mind can store. Keep your mind sharp by consistently challenging it.
- Continually pursue your goals and dreams. Knowing you are closer to your goals and dreams today than you were yesterday is incredibly motivating and empowering.
- Work on your personal growth. You are on the right track with this one by taking this course! If our 30 minutes or so a day is not enough for you, buy some books or audio programs on personal achievement.
Our lives can get better every day in some way. It can be as simple as learning a new word every day, or as involved as following all of the suggestions above. You are in control of the quality of life you live today and the quality of life you live in the future. Just as you would plan for your financial future, plan for your physical and spiritual future as well.
If you are the type that gets motivation from self-talk and mantras, then when you wake up, why not say to yourself, “My life is better today than it was yesterday” or if you think about it, “Today is the best day of my life.” What a way to start the day!
Take Your Year To Success To the Next Level
If you like what you are reading, please consider these options in addition to this free course. They include a hardcopy of the book and an intensive course with action steps, assignments, and personal coaching from Bo.
- Buy the Book. Year To Success - Available in hardcover, signed by the author. Also available in ebook, paperback, and audio from Amazon.com.
- Enroll is the Enhanced Version of this Course - 366 Days To Greater Personal, Professional, and Financial Success. These lessons but with videos, narrated slides, assignments, and quiz questions. For the instructor-evaluated version, Bo is there for you each day!
- Enroll in Bo's Life Mastery Online Course. This is a course that covers hundreds of life-enhancing topics that they never taught in school, but should. This is more than a course on self-improvement; it is a course on mastering life.
- Business Consulting / Life Coaching. Schedule your complimentary 15-minute evaluation coaching session with Bo.
Have a podcast or know someone who does? Putting on a conference? Dr. Bennett is available for interviews and public speaking events. Contact him directly here.
Some discussion questions (some may not apply to this lesson):
- Have you implemented this idea in your life? How has it been working for you?
- Do you have any interesting stories related to this lesson? Do tell!
- What do you admire most about this person? (success biography days)