Estimated Lesson Time: 1 minutes
It is not enough to think big. The world is full of big thinkers. You must think HUGE.
By thinking “huge,” you are no longer limited by thought. Everything starts with thought and since thought is limitless why create mental limits? Most people would answer, “just being realistic.” Was Henry Ford being “realistic”? Here was a guy, who had next to no education, who started and ran one of the largest companies of his time. Was that a realistic expectation? Often people are doomed to mediocrity by thinking they can only expect what is “realistic” or “normal” for most people. Don’t make this same mistake. You are not like most people.
Thinking huge paints a mental picture that will remain in your subconscious mind. Everything you do, both consciously and subconsciously will attempt to bring you closer to that picture. For example, when I started Archieboy Holdings, LLC., I did not want to create a 20 million dollar hosting company—I had already done that. I wanted to create a 100 million dollar hosting empire. As a result of this “huge thought,” the software and systems we built were capable of reaching and surpassing those kinds of numbers. Had I thought of just creating another company like the last one I created, we would not have had as much success as we did due to marketing and software limitations.
By thinking huge, you will be much better off when having to compromise as well. Not only compromises with others, but when your huge thoughts do not materialize (as they often won’t—otherwise they were not huge enough) you will find that you have still achieved considerable success.
Remember, thought is without limits. Get inspiration from people like Henry Ford, Ben Franklin, and Bill Gates whose successes all began with huge ideas.
Take Your Year To Success To the Next Level
If you like what you are reading, please consider these options in addition to this free course. They include a hardcopy of the book and an intensive course with action steps, assignments, and personal coaching from Bo.
- Buy the Book. Year To Success - Available in hardcover, signed by the author. Also available in ebook, paperback, and audio from Amazon.com.
- Enroll is the Enhanced Version of this Course - 366 Days To Greater Personal, Professional, and Financial Success. These lessons but with videos, narrated slides, assignments, and quiz questions. For the instructor-evaluated version, Bo is there for you each day!
- Enroll in Bo's Life Mastery Online Course. This is a course that covers hundreds of life-enhancing topics that they never taught in school, but should. This is more than a course on self-improvement; it is a course on mastering life.
- Business Consulting / Life Coaching. Schedule your complimentary 15-minute evaluation coaching session with Bo.
Have a podcast or know someone who does? Putting on a conference? Dr. Bennett is available for interviews and public speaking events. Contact him directly here.
Some discussion questions (some may not apply to this lesson):
- Have you implemented this idea in your life? How has it been working for you?
- Do you have any interesting stories related to this lesson? Do tell!
- What do you admire most about this person? (success biography days)